INVITATION TO ATTEND RESEARCH TRAINING WORKSHOP ON OPEN DATA, OPEN SCIENCE PUBLISHING AND CLOUD COMPUTING TOOLS FOR FACULTY MEMBERS AT MUHAS FROM 16TH TO 17TH MARCH, 2017
The Directorate of library services is planning to conduct training on Open data, Open Science and Open access to faculty members at MUHAS 16th to 17th March, 2017.
The content of the workshop include:
- Introduction to open data, open access and open science
- Databases and tools for open access journals, repositories
- Online tools for open science aggregators and publishing platforms
- Open Researcher and Contributor Identifier (ORCD)
- Plagiarism issues and detection online tools for open science
- Copyright issues in open science: Sherpa and Romeo tools
- How to choose a journal and open access policy: journal impact factors
- Publication and citation analysis by using open access tools
- Predatory open access publishing
- Web 2.0 technologies, Google documents and creation of online surveys
- Online information self-services on academic databases
This workshop will be conducted from 09:00am to 3:00pm at MUHAS Library ICT Lab.
Kindly confirm your participation before 15th March, 2017