WORKSHOP ON ELECTRONIC RECORDS MANAGEMENT AND DIGITIZATION
DATE: 17th – 19th JANUARY 2017
The three days’ workshop will equip participants with advanced knowledge and technical skills on electronic records management (ERM) and digitation processes. This is a perfect learning opportunity to introduce participants on how to set up functional records management systems, implementing electronic records management systems, and acquisition of electronic records management systems and its digitization process.
Specifically the workshop will cover the following topics:
• ERM business drivers and the need for ERM best practices
• The link between ERM and your current situation
• Methodologies and technologies for managing electronic records
• Development of metadata model, classification schemes and access controls
• Appraisal, Retention and preservation of electronic records
• Legislation, Policy, standards and regulations
• Electronic filing – Practical hands on
• E-mail records management – Practical hands on
• Introduction to ERM software and appraisal techniques
• M-Files Electronic Records Management Software – Practical hands on
• Designing computerized records management systems using MS Access or MySQL- Practical hands on
• Web 2.0 applications in records and archives management Practical hands on
• Digitization/Scanning – Practical hands on with our Digitizers
• Managing records automation projects - Implementation planning execution
Professionals involved in information managers, Secretaries, Internal and External auditors, Accountants, Compliance Managers, Asset Managers, Legal Officers, Leasing Officers, Relationship Managers, Risk Managers, Customer Care Agents, Storekeepers, Project Managers, Personal Assistants, Resource Centre Managers, Library and Information Professionals, Documentation Officers, Resource Centre managers, Information Scientists, LIS Graduate. Librarians from Public Service, Ministries and Universities and other higher institutions, Human Resource Managers in charge of personnel records, Records Officers, Records Clerks, Registry Clerks, Information Officers, Health/Financial Records Managers, Lecturers, Teachers, Education administrators, Archivists, Administrators, Registrars, Results managers, Knowledge Managers, IT Professionals, Financial Records Assistants, Senior Records Assistants, Principal Senior Records Assistants, Procurement Records Assistants, Risk managers, Bankers, Personnel Records Assistant and all those involved in Information Management in NGOs, Private and Public Sectors and any other professionals in records management.
WORKSHOP DATES AND VENUE:
The workshop will be conducted from 17th – 19th JANUARY 2017 (3 days) at Muhimbili University Library ICT LAB
The workshop fee is TZS 350,000/= per each participant covering the course fee, stationeries, refreshments and certificates. Participants are requested to arrange transport and accommodation at their own cost.
The course will be facilitated by experienced subject and educational specialists from Muhimbili University Library.
Payment is due before start of workshop. Payment can be made through the institutional bank account at any National Microfinance Bank (NMB) branch. Account Number: 2091100002, and Account Name: Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences. Confirm your participation and payment by 11th January 2017.
For further information regarding the course (workshop) details (registration, course content and fee) please contact the following:
1. Agatha Mbawala
P.O BOX 65001, Dar es Salaam
2. Mariam Hashim
P.O. Box 65001, Dar es Salaam