Online Reference Management and Web 2.0 Technologies
Date: 3rd – 4th June, 2014
Venue: Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
Organized by: Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), Directorate of Library Services
Course Fee for Tanzanians: 250,000 TShs
Course Fee for Non-Tanzanians: US$ 200
Overall Course objectives:
This two days workshop, will introduce participants to the terminology and some of the software tools that support creation of online references, storage of online documents, and online publishing by using web 2.0 technologies.
Course Main Topics
- create your personal online accounts containing all your references in a single place accessible from anywhere;
- Import references automatically from research databases and library catalogs;
- Organize and annotate references according to your own needs;
- Cite while you’re writing by using online reference software
- Format references and bibliographies for your papers or thesis automatically in all major bibliographic styles (APA, MLA, Vancouver, or thousands of other styles).
- Use web 2.0 to create online references
- Online publishing through web 2.0 tools
Who Should Attend? Professionals involved in research, information management, institutional management, librarians, lecturers, project administrators and any other professional who has a use for references in their work.
Training Format: Training over 2 consecutive days, Face to face in a group setting and practical sessions for online reference management software and web 2.0 technologies, Attendance on all 2 days is required for certificate of completion.
Deadline for application: Kindly submit your details to the undersigned by close of Tuesday 26th May, 2014 business.
Benard Ernest, Tel: 0753559063 and/or
Kesia Rad - 0752044896