WORKSHOP ON RECORDS MANAGEMENT AND CATALOGUING
The three days’ workshop will equip participants with advanced knowledge and technical skills on records management; library cataloguing and classification and subject analysis.
Specifically the workshop will cover the following topics:
- Basic records terminologies and different types of records
- Standards and procedures for organization of records
- Application of procedures for organizing records
- Introduction to organization of knowledge
- Descriptive cataloguing of library materials using AACR2 rules
- Subject analysis and formulation of subject headings
- Application of Library of Congress and Dewey Decimal Classification Schemes
- Online cataloguing
Professionals involved in information management, records management, archivists, librarians, information scientists, and any other professionals in records management and library cataloguing and classification.
WORKSHOP DATES AND VENUE:
The workshop will be conducted from 27th – 29th April 2016 (3 days) at Muhimbili University Library ICT LAB
The workshop fee is TZS 350,000/= per each participant covering the course fee, stationeries, refreshments and certificates. Participants are requested to arrange transport and accommodation at their own cost.
The course will be facilitated by experienced subject and educational specialists from Muhimbili University Library.
Payment is due before start of workshop. Payment can be made through the institutional bank account at any National Microfinance Bank (NMB) branch. Account Number: 2091100002, and Account Name: Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences. Confirm your participation and payment by 15th April 2015.
For further information regarding the course (workshop) details (registration, course content and fee) please contact the following:
1. Agatha Mbawala
P.O BOX 65001, Dar es Salaam
2. Mr. William J. Mviombo
P.O. Box 65001, Dar es Salaam
Cellular: 0713 23 66 49, 0684 236649