DIRECTORATE OF LIBRARY SERVICES
Digital Repositories and Web 2.0 Technologies Workshop
Venue: Muhas Library, Dar es Salaam
Date: 16th - 18th January 2018 (3 days)
Workshop Fee: TZS 350,000/=
AIM OF THE WORKSHOP:
The aim of the workshop is to equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills in Digital repository, and web 2.0 technologies.
Some of the topics covered will include:
- Introduction to Digital Repository and Web 2.0 technologies
- Introduction to Open source software (e.g. working with Linux software) and e-resources.
- Installation and configuration of the Dspace software
- Work with Dspace software to set up a digital repository
- Use web 2.0 tools to feature the contents of a digital repository
Participants are requested to arrange transport and accommodation at their own cost.
Payment is due before start of workshop ad it can be made through the institutional bank account at any National Microfinance Bank (NMB) branch. Account Number: 2091100002, and Account Name: Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences.
Interested participants should confirm their participation and payment by 12th January 2018.
For further information about the workshop (registration, course content and fee) please contact the following:
1. Mr. Deodatus Sabas
Phone: 0755 239846, 0713701019
2. Ms.Cecilia Chacha
Phone: 0624 494832