MUHIMBILI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
DIRECTORATE OF LIBRARY SERVICES
A Call for Workshop on Digital Repositories and Cloud Computing Technologies
Venue: Muhas Library, Dar es Salaam
Date: 28th – 31st August 2018 (4 days)
Workshop Fee: TZS 350,000/=
AIM OF THE WORKSHOP:
The aim of the workshop is to equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills in Digital repository and Cloud Computing Technologies.
Some of the topics covered will include:
- Introduction to Digital Repository and Overview of Cloud Services
- Introduction to Open source software (e.g. working with Linux software).
- Introduction to e-resources featuring in Digital Repository.
- Installation and configuration of the Dspace software
- Work with Dspace software to set up a digital repository.
- Data storage and sharing in the cloud.
- Cloud computing to feature the contents of digital repository.
- Cloud based tools to market information services and for real collaboration.
Librarians, System administrators, IT technicians, Records managers, Archivists, Knowledge managers, Information professionals, Information Architect and other interested professionals.
Participants are requested to arrange transport and accommodation at their own cost.
Payment is due before start of workshop and it can be made through the institutional bank account at any National Microfinance Bank (NMB) branch. Account Number: 20901100002, and Account Name: Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences.
Interested participants should confirm their participation and payment by 27th August 2018.
For further information about the workshop (registration, course content and fee) please contact the following:
1. Ms. Catherine Chibanda
Phone: 0717 207904
2. Ms. Abeda Kalovya
Phone: 0713 498256