MUHIMBILI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
DIRECTORATE OF LIBRARY SERVICES
CALL FOR A SHORT COURSE ON SCIENTIFIC WRITING AND INFORMATION LITERACY
The main objective of this workshop is to equip participants with necessary hands-on skills on scientific writing and information literacy.
DATE AND VENUE
20th to 30th November 2018
MUHAS, Library Computer lab,
Time: 8:30AM – 4:30 PM
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Basis of scientific writing
- Information retrieval and text mining
- Citation and reference management and relevant software
- Writing an original scientific article and thesis
- Writing winning grant proposals
- Writing in popular science: policy briefs, blogs
- Publication process and evaluation of published science
- Ethics in scientific writing,
- Copyright and licensing issues in online publishing
- Sharing of academic content on web 2.0 technologies and information self-services.
Attendance is FREE for MUHAS staff and students. Participants from outside MUHAS will have to pay TZS 350,000/= as participation fees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
MUHAS MSc by Research and Doctoral students
Interested participants from other institutions.
The workshop will be facilitated by experienced facilitators from MUHAS
Please confirm your participation before 15th November. 2018
For further information and confirmation of your participation please contact the following:
1.Mr. Venance Mwalyego___0765 816801/0659 110037
2.Ms. Mariam Hashim___0653596815