MUHIMBILI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
DIRECTORATE OF LIBRARY SERVICES
A CALL FOR WORKSHOP ON LIBRARY AUTOMATION WITH KOHA INTEGRATED LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ILMS)
Venue: Muhas Library, Dar es Salaam
Date: 25th – 28th June 2019(4 days)
Workshop Fee: TZS 350,000/=
AIM OF THE WORKSHOP:
The workshop intends to equip participants with current and relevant knowledge on Library Automation with KOHA Integrated Library Management System.
Some of the topics to be covered will include:
- Introduction to Library Automation
- KOHA Introduction & Features Overview
- Installation of KOHA on windows or Linux operating system
- Introduction and configuration of KOHA software
- Demonstration of all modules like:
- Acquisitions, Cataloguing and OPAC
- Patrons and Circulation Management
- Serials Management
- MARC Records and Import features in KOHA etc.
Participants are requested to arrange transport and accommodation at their own cost.
Payment is due before start of workshop ad it can be made through the institutional bank account at any National Microfinance Bank (NMB) branch. Account Number: 20901100002, and Account Name: Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences.
Interested participants should confirm their participation and payment by 21st June 2019.
For further information about the workshop (registration, course content and fee) please contact the following:
1. Mr. Julius Magessa
Phone: 0784 262888/0716394400
2. Ms. Edith Assenga
Phone: 0713 627865